F1 Big Bash
A fun and adrenaline filled bash for RC F1, organised by RC Formula1. The focus is on fun, not racing, so we expect a number of non-racers with F1’s to come along. We're also promoting the event to full-scale F1 fans who may not have an F1 car yet (no experience necessary, we'll help you get started). Of course, there will be the odd competitive activity as well.
When: Saturday 6 April, 10am-3pm (track open from 9.30am)
Where: TFTR (www.tftr.org.au), Templestowe Reserve, Porter St, Templestowe VIC 3106. Please note: A big thank you to TFTR for approving use of their facilities, however, this event is organised by RC Formula1 and not TFTR.
- Opening Parade behind the RC Formula1 AMG Mercedes safety car.
- Open practice all day with setup workshops to provide setup tips and tricks to get the most enjoyment from your F1.
- Practice timing will be enabled so drivers can see their lap times if they have a personal transponder.
- Any 1/10th F1 car can run with gyros, foam tyres or whatever. Indy Car entrants and those going for their Super Licence must conform to National F1 Rules with rubber tyres.
- Static displays of anything F1 in a roped off area so people can see but not touch. We will have dozens of F1 cars on show including David Stevens’ Guinness World Records car and our Safety Car. All F1 cars welcome: If you have a 1/8th or 1/5th scale, a plastic kit or a collection of 1/32 F1 cars, bring ‘em down! Shelf queens, F1 memorabilia, old F1 kits in original boxes -if you have something to share please bring it.
- Speed run car – static display – goal speed 250Kph!
- An Indy Car track session where we only use the outside oval of the track (all F1's can participate).
- Super Licence qualification for anyone who can achieve a set time.
- We expect more than 32 F1 drivers to attend and therefore a World record attempt for most F1 cars in a race will be held. Australia held the record briefly in 2013 until the F1 Italian Series beat our record. Needs 32 cars, so bring yours and help Australia win back the record! This was a lot of fun in 2013 and you can see the highlights video below.
- Indy Car, Best Static Display and Super Licence achievers announced (no trophies, just bragging rights).
Entry List: RC Tech
F1 clothing and banners encouraged (but not required).
Don't have an F1 car? Warren from www.essentialrc.com.au will be happy to help.
Here's the video of our last record in 2013 where 27 cars finished. The World Record - Most F1's Raced stood for 2 weeks before the F1 Italian Series put 32 cars on the track. It's time to take the record back!
Massive thanks to our sponsors whose support made this event possible, please support them:
Essential RC - For all your F1 needs
Metro Hobbies - Your local RC store
Bezerk RC - custom carbon fibre products
Pre-register today. It's free and it will be a lot of fun! Look forward to seeing you there.